Published: Feb 4, 2014
| Category: Tips
Color banners and other advertising materials are investments that you make to increase sales and drive traffic to your business. With any investment, you want to make sure that you can use it to its full potential. This is no different for your advertising color banners. Be sure to follow these tips on how to properly care and store your color banners to keep it in good condition for many years of use.
Properly Store your Color Banner
- Be sure to save the box or poly tube that you received your vinyl banner in.
- When you are ready to store your banner, roll up the banner color side out, and place into poly tube.
- DO NOT fold banner to avoid crease marks that will permanently damage banner.
- Avoid storing banner in warm places as it may cause lettering to melt off banner.
Properly Clean your Color Banner
- Keep banner clean and dry.
- Only use mild soap and non-solvent detergents to remove dirt on vinyl banners.
- Use soft cloth in wiping motions to clean of dirt and other debris.
- Let banner dry completely dry after cleaning before storing away.
Color Banner Care Tips
- Be sure to inspect your vinyl banner weekly to catch tears before they permanently ruin your banner. If you find small tears, it is very easy to repair and take little to no time at all.
- Wiping your banner with a soft cloth and water regularly will help to reduce discoloration and dirt build up.
- To prevent ripping, be sure to attach your banner securely to ensure that it will hold up well in harsh weather conditions. If your banner is larger, mount it on a wall to help decrease wind resistance to keep your banner in good condition.
- Strategically place your banner in a location that would cause the least damage to the appearance of your banner.